Thursday, September 18, 2008


Well, another week gone and really again nothing too interesting to report on. First the logistics, i am stil working at Flip Side the burgerplace, and am hopefully starting work at a cafe on the wharf on sunday full time so about 35-40 hours a week and then hopefully slot in 2 or 3 shifts at flip side a week. This new job - well i was offered a job at the Left Bank, which is a really busy bar/club and restarant and i am meant to be starting on Saturday night...but i have taken this other job instead. The pay is a little bit better and the hours arent until 3 in the morning and also i wouldnt have to take a course for responsible service of Alcohol, which is $145, ... about 2 shifts but hey also $145!! ... this new job probably isnt as sociable or as fun or as interesting work - but probably a lot easier and it just seemed to make sense!! So the next step is to phone the left bank and say i cant work there. I am glad that i seem to be on my way to having an actual plan and i really feel like i just need to settle with one job and stop jumping around!! So hopefully this will work out.

Anyway, since last Thursday what has happened....well i went out this weekend with my cousin (more or less) to Perth city and stayed with him at a friends, while he took me out and showed me the town!! It was a good weekend but very very long, luckily being the poor backpacker that i am he payed for all my drinks and what have you so hey cant complain too much huh! So that was an adventure and nice to be out of the house and on my own for a bit.

I have also been flocked with texts and emails from very surprised and excited people telling me that my Dad was on TV and they were watching Come dine with me and ... well there was my dad and my house!! .. they were very impressed that it was a legit show and actually one that was worth watching and even more surprised by the fact that i hadnt told everyone under the sun as i usually do... but yes my dad has been on Come Dine with me, and it is killing me that i cant see it!! I cant watch it through channel 4 as i am not in the Uk and no one has put it on youtube yet... if anyone knows where i can watch a clip of it then please email me!!! I would love to see it and im not sure if i can wait until i come back!

The weather here... yes i am talking about the weather - that is how much has gone on since the last week!... anyway is very very cold and rainy.. i drove to work today in the pouring rain and it killed me ... this is meant to be Australia and it is meant to be becoming summer... anyway i guess it is "April showers!".

Anyway ... really nothing else to report on, next thursday lets hope i will have a stable job and some good money coming in! Missing you all heaps and heaps xxxxxxx

No comments: